International Student Admission for August 2024 IntakeOleh Admin pada 2023-03-31
UNS Scholarship for Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Program
Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) invites prospective international students to pursue bachelor, master, and doctoral degree programs at UNS through self-funding and UNS Scholarship scheme.
The types of the scholarship are :
- Full Scholarship covering
- Tuition fee waiver
- Monthly living allowance
– IDR 1,000,000 for bachelor program
– IDR 1,250,000 for master program
– IDR 1,750,000 for doctoral program
- Free Indonesian language course
- Student dormitory for the first 6 months
- Breakfast meal at student dormitory
- Partial Scholarship covering
- Tuition fee waiver
- Free Indonesian language course
UNS Scholarship is applicable for all programs (especially for programs in the Faculty of Medicine or Medical Sciences, the quota is limited). Students are thoroughly responsible for all other fees and expenses such as airfare, visas and immigration fees, additional accommodation and meals, transportation, health insurance, and other personal expenses.
The scholarship is only a subsidy. It will not be enough to cover all expenses of the students. The students must have another financial support.
- Be non-Indonesian citizens (those who hold Indonesian citizenships are not eligible)
- Show a strong interest in seeking a degree program at UNS
- Be willing and able to attend an interview over a video call
- Not have hold refugee status
- Not have been convicted of felony or significant criminals which caused the applicant to be prisoned
- Have financial support
- Complete all the required documents
- Applicants must show competence in English, shown by a TOEFL certificate with minimum score of 450 for natural science programs and 500 for social science program, or certificates of other academic English proficiency tests having equivalent score.
- Applicants who get admitted are required to complete the Indonesian language course organized by UNS Language Centre. This course is covered by the scholarship.
- Lectures are mostly taught in Indonesian language, not English. That is why the Indonesian language course is highly essential for accepted students.
The following documents are required for student admission:
- Recent formal photograph (JPG or PNG max. 300 KB)
- Colour scan of valid passport having at least 18 months of validity (cover page & identity page).
- Certificate of graduation from the latest education institution (in English or Indonesian language)
- Academic transcripts from the latest education institution (in English or Indonesian language)
- Recent health certificate (in English or Indonesian language)
- Curriculum Vitae (template provided)
- Financial statement (template provided)
- Personal statement (template provided)
- Certificate of Indonesian language proficiency (strongly preferred)
- Certificate of English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation #1, from a lecturer/professor or work supervisor (for master and doctoral program)
- Letter of recommendation #2, from a lecturer/professor or work supervisor (for master and doctoral program)
- Preliminary research proposal to be developed into a dissertation (for doctoral program)
- Motivation letter
- Letter of recommendation from Indonesian Embassy (strongly preferred)
All documents must be uploaded via online application form.
Document template or samples can be seen at https://uns.id/admissiondocumentuns
Responsibility of UNS Scholarship Awardee
All awardees of UNS Scholarship must:
- comply with Indonesian laws and regulations, university’s regulations, and other associated regulations
- attend all lectures and academic activities held by university, study program, and faculty
- achieve minimum GPA 3,00 for social programs and 2,75 for science programs, in every semester
- finish their study on time
- further regulations will be provided within scholarship agreement
Terms and Conditions of UNS Scholarship
UNS scholarship is granted with the following terms and conditions:
- The scholarship is given for 8 semesters for bachelor program, 4 semesters for master program, and 6 semesters for doctoral program. Awardee has to pay the tuition fee if they cannot finish their study after the scholarship has reached the duration.
- The scholarship can be terminated if awardee cannot maintain minimum GPA or violates the regulation of university and Indonesian law.
- Awardee who resigns from UNS have to pay back the money that has been granted.
How to Apply
- Applicants download the Letter of Offer at http://uns.id/offeringletteruns.
- Applicants learn and look for the study program that fits their interest.
- List of available programs and the curriculum/courses can be checked at http://uns.id/listofcourses.
- Applicants prepare the required documents.
- Applicants visit the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in their country to request for a recommendation letter, by bringing the following documents:
- Letter of Offer from UNS
- Graduation certificate
- Academic transcript
- Applicants create an admission account at https://uns.id/unsscholarship.
- Applicants fill out their personal information.
- Applicants submit all the required documents at the “Upload Document” section.
- Applicants print a registration card after submitting the required documents.
- Administrative selection will be conducted by the admission committee.
- All student candidates who pass the administrative selection are eligible for the next selection stages.
- Computer based test will be conducted.
- The next stage is interview selection.
- Successful candidates will be notified by email, along with the Letter of Acceptance.
- Student candidates send confirmation to study at UNS.
- UNS applies for study permit and student visa.
- Admitted students come to UNS upon receiving notification from UNS
Applicants are required to follow the procedure below:
|Registration||:||1 January – 30 March 2023|
|Document verification||:||1-3 April 2023|
|Computer based test||:||10-11 April 2023|
|Interview||:||17-18 April 2023|
|Final notification||:||28 April 2023|
|Applying for study permit||:||May 2023|
|Applying for study visa||:||June 2023|
|Students come to UNS||:||July 2023|
|Contract signing (for scholarship awardee)||:||July 2023|
|Indonesian language course||:||August 2023 – January 2024|
|Online registration as student||:||January 2024|
|Studying at the department||:||February 2024|
To go to online application, click the apply button below:
- Applicants for both UNS Scholarship and self-funding scheme follow the same procedure, document requirements, and application timeline.
- Should you need assistance or more information, reach us by email at email@example.com .